The Coldirons moved to Shady Home Farm in 1974 when the farm consisted of over 150 acres. Since then, it has been downsized to a more managable size of 25 acres and modifications have been made to the original farm which dates back to the 1750's. The addition to the north barn was built in 1976 then the indoor was built later that year. In the '80s the outdoor ring was added but then the current 100'x200' sand ring took its place in 2002. Each field has it's own run in shed and we have big, lush pastures but also small, dirt fields for the chubby ponies.
New construction is underway (November, 2009) since Brooke, our third child bought the north side of the farm. The existing indoor ring was converted to a state-of-the-art 35 stall barn with 3 wash stalls, 3 tack-up stalls, bathroom, laundry room, office, feed room, and 2 tack rooms with 48 built-in tack trunks. The existing outdoor ring is where the construction for the new 75x200 indoor ring is being built and should be complete by Christmas. Additionally, a new outdoor ring with lights and stone dust footing is now complete. We also have all new no-climb fencing. Shady Home Farm, which is historical name of the property will now be on the South side with Brownstone Farm (www.brownstonefarm.net) on the north side.